Tuesday, December 2
One of those busy days on a Lindblad cruise--actually busier than most. Today at Golfo Dulce, Rio Rincon and Casa Qrquideas.
- 6:30 We left on zodiacs to a bird walk on the shore--along a road serving the little settlement.
- 7:45 Back on bard for breakfast.
- 8:30 Briefing on Kayaking safety in the lounge
- 9:00 Load into Kayaks from the fantail of the ship.
- Great kayaking in a mangrove forest along the coast. We tried going up a river but with all the rain, the current was just too strong. We could have done it but would have been exhausted.
- 11:30 Briefing on snorkeling safety, than a talk on Costa Rica history that I slept through.
- Tour of Casa Orqideas botanical gardens (I to the time to take a LONG nap. Bev said it was the best tropical garden she had seen.
Tonight we sail for about 12 hours to Panama. Took my Dramamine before bed.