- We don't know the langage
- We were lazy--we didn't want to spend a few months learning Egypt history before going (we did read a couple books--but that was just skimming the surface)
- We've found that going to museums in places where English is not the primary language, you miss a lot unless you have a guide.
- We got a good deal on the tour
- We've gone on four other tours with this company (Lindblad) are have been very pleased.
This type of tour must have been really hard to manage before cell phones. I think Ghada spends half her life on her cell phone make last minute changes, and checking on arraingments, changing meal times because we're running early or late.....